View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
CDs of past Journals 
Site Admin

Post CDs of past Journals
Those who have recently acquired the two CDs which contain everything in the Journals No 1 to 45 will like to know that it is planned to provide a further CD which is an index of the articles, to help find them on the other CDs. The work has been done, and it just remains to decide the cost.

It would help the Committee's deliberations if members indicated how much they would be prepared to pay for such an index.

Administrator

Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:04 am

Post Re: CDs of past Journals
$10 to $15 US.

John Edgerton

admin wrote:
Those who have recently acquired the two CDs which contain everything in the Journals No 1 to 45 will like to know that it is planned to provide a further CD which is an index of the articles, to help find them on the other CDs. The work has been done, and it just remains to decide the cost.

It would help the Committee's deliberations if members indicated how much they would be prepared to pay for such an index.

Administrator

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 am
With regards to the price of an Index, I'd pay anything so long as it wasn't more expensive than the actual Journals.

Mike Hardman

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:44 pm
Site Admin

The Society gives the CDs free to any member who makes a donation of £15 or over. This is to get over the copyright which requires that they are not sold. Members are required to keep them safe and not to pass on to others, either electronically or otherwise. They are especially asked not to put anything onto the internet from these CDs.

Administrator

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Considering that the payment for the two CD's is 15 pounds sterling, I would be willing to pay 5 to 10 pounds sterling for the index. :grin:

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:22 pm
Site Admin

Just to make things clear. The is an index OF THE ARTICLES (i.e. their titles and authors) it is not a complete index of words contained in them. It is therefore not a large index.

Administrator

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:44 pm
As I've received the 2 CD's I now fully understand the need ofr an index. I would be willing to pay 5 to 10£ for such a usefull tool.

Tue May 06, 2008 9:20 am

Post Re: CDs of past Journals
Is there any estimate on when the index might be ready for sale?

John Edgerton, Newark, California, USA

admin wrote:

Administrator

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Site Admin

The index CDs are now available. They have been priced at £7.50 sterling plus P & P at cost - which provides some much needed extra cash for the Society

As with the Journal CDs PayPal may be used to send GBP to bogaman@btinternet.com

I will check out postage to the USA and let you know.

Administrator

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Thank you. I will order one after I know the postage to include.

Will the index run on a Mac?

John

admin wrote:
The index CDs are now available. They have been priced at £7.50 sterling plus P & P at cost - which provides some much needed extra cash for the Society

As with the Journal CDs PayPal may be used to send GBP to bogaman@btinternet.com

I will check out postage to the USA and let you know.

Administrator

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm
Site Admin

John, the postage to USA for the index is £1.64. With the £7.50 that would be £9.14. The Hon Sec has agreed that this be rounded to £9

We look forward to receiving this via Paypal. to

bogaman@btinternet.com

Administrator

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Thank you. I sent the payment, by way of Paypal, in today.

John

admin wrote:
John, the postage to USA for the index is £1.64. With the £7.50 that would be £9.14. The Hon Sec has agreed that this be rounded to £9

We look forward to receiving this via Paypal. to

bogaman@btinternet.com

Administrator

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]