View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Pacific Cultures 

Post Pacific Cultures
I recently went to visit my daughter in Adelaide, South Australia. We went to one of her favorite haunts, the Museum. What we found was a whole floor of Oceanic Islander dress, boats and a very nice collection of archery equipment.

A link to the page is here, but it does not show much. When I next visit the Museum, I will take more detailed photos. I am also currently trying to contact the curator if they have any information on the archery equipment.

I will post more when I know more.

http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/explore/m ... c-cultures
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/Upload/fi ... snotes.pdf

GB

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:36 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Pacific Cultures
How very nice. Because the bow was not developed in Australia, we tend to forget that there are many places close by where it was a way of life. We look forward to learning what you can discover - and perhaps you might be able to put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and write a little something about it. For Arrowhead around one A4 page is about the maximum; but if you write a longer piece and can include images then I am sure our Journal editor would be pleased to consider it for the Journal.

Administrator

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am

Post Re: Pacific Cultures
Will see how I go. Already found it difficult getting something from the museum. But, I have friends in Cambodia that are going to source something for me from there. I may also have another friend who works in PNG to get me something.

GB

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]