View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
SAD DEATH 
Site Admin

Post SAD DEATH
I am most unhappy to report that a stalwart of the Society has died unexpectedly. Bob Brown was the Editor of Arrowhead - but also much more. He was a regular attendee at meetings, providing welcome suggestions and sensible advice. He always shot at the annual bow meeting and almost always won an award. His expertise was much sought after, as his knowledge was wide ranging. An amiable man, he will be most sorely missed, and a replacement editor of his calibre will be hard to find.

Administrator

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:04 am
Post Re: SAD DEATH
Condolences - sad news at any time of year.

Bob will be sorely missed.

Colin K

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm

I am very saddened to hear the news about Bob Brown. He and I communicated many times over the last few years. He encouraged me to write articles for the Archery Collectors' Guild Newsletter as well as suggesting that I submit an article for the Journal of the Society of Archer-Antiquaries. I wished that I had had an opportunity to meet Bob in person.

He did an outstanding job in editing and publishing the Arrowhead and the ACG's newsletters. He had a knack for putting it all together in a most interesting way. Under his leadership and guidance, each issue of the two newsletters just continued to get better and better. He incorporated an excellent cross section of material from a number of sources and authors. How he ever managed to edit and publish two such demanding newsletters, I don't know. He leaves some big shoes to fill.

These two newsletters mean a lot to the members of both organizations, and his abilities are going to be greatly missed. However, what he has accomplished won't be forgotten.

I know that many of you share my thought we are going to miss Bob Brown very much.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 am

I had the chance in the past to exchange some mailings with Bob. I appreciated very much his competence, his extremely cooperative mood and his kindliness.
I very much enjoyed Arrowhead during these years.
Now I am very saddened by this news and I would like to express my condolences to his family.
Alessandro Manfroi

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]