View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Photos. 

Post Photos.
I need to post some pictures of a book. How do I do it?
Ole

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:46 am

Post Re: Photos.
Hi,

Admin kindly brought this topic to my attention. Sorry for the late reply, Life got in the way.

To display images you need to put them on a web server. What you do when posting is linking to the image on the server using the [ img]-tag.
Photobucket, picasa, flickr, facebook, any one of the many bloghosts etc will work just fine. Anywhere that let you post pictures and return you with a URL for it.
The drawback is that most, if not all, of these sites will lower the picture's resolution when uploading it.

If you want I'll be happy to upload any pictures to my server space and return the image URL to you ASAP. That way you can have the original resolution (although due to large images having a nasty habit of disrupting line breaks in the forum I always use thumbnails linked to the original size image, easily done by nesting the [ url] and [ img]-tags. In short, what you do then is to write a hyperlink to the original size image, but instead of a common text link you tell it to use the smaller image.

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

***edit***
OK, it seems there's a simpler way, if the picture is small enough.
This forum allows you to attach files and pictures seem to be allowed.
Just keep what I said about size in mind.

Having a large attached picture in one post will force the forum to be wide enough to accomodate the image.
This will re-flow text to fill this new size, leading to a lot of sideways scrolling to read any post in that thread.
I'm not sure how the forum handles the resolution and what the maximum size is in kilobytes. I don't think there's a way to use attached files as hyperlinks so the posting of a thumbnail will not work

/HÃ¥kan

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]