Software for book register on PC.

Review a favourite book, request a book or print you are looking for, tell others about a special 'find', seek help with identification or sources.
Ole Steen

Software for book register on PC.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 pm

For the last 16 years I've made a register of my books in a word document. First it was without problems, I have a rather good memory, but now I'm close to 600 titles (books, booklets, articles etc) and I must admit, I can't remember them all any longer.
Is there some kind of register, like the ones they use in libraries, where you can search for author, title, publ. year etc, which you can download or buy?
Ole Steen

admin
Site Admin

Re: Software for book register on PC.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Ole - I will make some enquiries and get back to you. I am sure there is something. Libraries, of course, usually use the Dewy system to categorise books, but that is not the same as a searchable index.

Admin

Hakan

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Would something like Microsoft Access do?

Sadly I haven't used it much myself, and not in the last 10 or 15 years, so I can't offer much input.
I've looked for something similar to organize my ever growing list of sampled beers. As I dread the huge data input from a huge stack of hand written notes I still haven't decided on a platform for the task, but MS Access would probaby suit my (and your) needs very well

/Håkan

wendy hodkinson

Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Ole - The books in the Archery Library at The Manchester Museum have been put on a free database by the Archery Librarian and if you would please send your email address to me at wendy.hodkinson@manchester.ac.uk I will ask him to email you with details of the library database. Wendy

Return to “Books, Prints & Manuscripts”