View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Anthology of Archery 

Post Anthology of Archery
I've just got a book: "Anthology on Archery" . It's a collection of songs, texts etc by many different authors, illustrated by F. Keith and collected by Francis Cornwall.
And that's the problem. I can't find anything about him or the book anywhere. The book is 22x30 cm, bound in very soft and thin lightbrown leather, the title and authors name on the front in gilded letters. It looks like it's handwritten, but there are no publ. date or any information at all inside the book.
Can anyone help? I bought it in the US, so Cornwall may be an american, but the seller wasn't sure. It was probably made somewhere between 1900 and 1920.
Ole

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:20 am

Post Re: Anthology of Archery
This is a new title to me Ole -- I have never heard of it or come across a reference to it. Is it possible it is a 'one off' item? If I learn of any information, I will let you know.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm
Site Admin

I too can find nothing about this man, The name is not known to me. Is it possible to post one or two of the shorter poems? This might give a clue as to where he was.
Admin

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:33 pm

I can take photos of some of the illustrations and poems, but unfortunately I don't know how to download them.
Ole

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 pm
Site Admin

If you go to the "help with forum" section and post a query Hakan should be able to assist you.

Admin

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]