View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Print on demand 

Post Print on demand
For some years now many publicers have made copies of old archery-books, almost everything from Ascham to Saxton Pope.
Three years ago I bought a copy of "Arab Archery" from Kessinger Publ., just to see the quality of it.
And it was an outrage. The text fair, drawings also, but the photos were a mess of grey and black, impossible to see anything at all.
And worst of all was, that I could see the stamps from the library where they got the original
Has anyone bought one of these "print-on-demand" copies recently and has quality improved?
Ole

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Print on demand
Ole - what a shame - you have been "had" Sounds as if they are just photocopying, which will always result in a black blobby result from a photograph. This is why when I create Arrowhead (which is photocopied) all images are scanned in as greyscale - still not as good as a printed image but at least a lot clearer.

If you want copies of old books, most libraries will scan them for you - for a price. At least the money is going to the right place.

Administrator

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]